Saturday 21 March 2009

A new technique

Apologies for things being a bit quiet around here recently ! I have had a couple of hand in's at uni and I am busy working on things to take to London Glassblowing at the weekend. (If you are in London, Friday, Saturday or Sunday it would be fantastic to see you there)

I thought I would share with you something I have been working on, you all know I love my patterns, and have been enjoying patterning Silver with alsorts of designs, well I have been wanting to try getting some of the same patterns into my beads....








Ta dah... Look familiar ?? yep its the same damask pattern that I used on some of my jewellery like the piece below. I am really pleased that the pattern has come out so clear and I am looking forward to spending some time exploring this technique more.

 


The technique makes use of ceramic transfers and I think it has lots of potential, you just need to be able to make a digital file of the design you want to use so the possibilities are endless you can use your own sketches, digital designs, anything. Look out for more designs from me using this technique soon.  

1 comment:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

oooh I really like that, Becky! I love that pattern so much.. I'm droooooling over that necklace! xox