Sunday 22 January 2012

Pattern and Glass

How is 2012 treating you ? So far, I am really really excited by 2012, I have set myself some targets and Im working hard to achieve them, some are quite quick and easy, some are a little more in depth. The first completed one has been on my list for a little while, experiment with the patterns I have been working on and combining them with glass.



I finished this little beauty yesterday and Im really pleased with how it came out, it is a 20cm x 20cm x 3cm dish and I have etched my pattern into the iridescent surface of the glass.


I am finding as soon as I finish one piece Im overflowing with ideas for variations and experiments so I think I might end up having rather a lot of these !! To that end I have set up a new Etsy shop BeckyFairclough - Pattern and Glass where I will be selling the fruits of my experiments. I look forward to sharing more of these with you as and when I get chance to make them and hope to be able to share some exciting lampwork related news soon too ! 

1 comment:

la mar de bonita said...

A wonderful dish - I love the iridescent glimmer on it. Looks like a lot of work - great work, indeed!
Greetings, Michi