Saturday 17 January 2009

Maybe I should change my header...

I know, I said (see the top of the page) "a blog about beads and all things glassy" but that isnt exactly what I talk about is it ?!? I find it interesting when I read other peoples blogs to hear about them and other non glassy things they do as well as beads and glassyness, which are, along with jewellery, what most of the blogs I read are about.
Yesterday I was reading Kab's blog and she was talking about the blog of Ali Edwards (this is going somewhere I promise) and I had a mooch around along with the blogs of a few other well know scrapbookers and then I took a trip over to Shimelle's Blog as I took one of her online classes waaaaay back when and I thought it would be interesting to see what she was upto these days and lo and behold she has a free online class starting soon called "this year" and im thinking I might have a go ...



Must apologise here folks, as I was a bit fuzzy last night and seem to have done something to this post that means I lost some of what i was saying, so to continue...

I like doing a lot of different creative crafty type things and used to do quite a bit of paper crafts before I started my degree and then found i had very little spare time, recently I was having a chat with one of our artists in residence at uni and she very kindly let me look through her notebook / sketchpad / journal / book that she takes everywhere with her. Have you ever had Journal envy ?? I did lol :o) I was like it was my idea of what a "perfect" artists journal would be, come to life. There are beautiful sketches of places in pencil and biro, there are pages of tiny photos of her at work, there are idea sketches for upcoming pieces there are random clippings from magazines and books all thrown in together ....what could i do, I ordered a journal.

Now Im not suggesting my journal is going to be anything like that, I already have a pad i take everywhere that has everything in from uni lecture notes to something i saw whilst walking through brighton that i thought would make great inspiration for some work but I want to expand on that and actually make the journal a piece of creativitiy in its own right so that is why i am considering Shimelle's class to kick start me in the right direction.

We'll see how it goes hey ??

:o)

No comments: