Monday 7 September 2009

Something a little different

Really I should be quite good with a sewing machine, or at the very least kind of "at home" with one as my Mum makes wedding dresses and ever since I was small has made me clothes from my school uniform to prom dresses. I do remember making a pair of pyjamas and a few other bits and bobs under her tuition but it has to be said that its rare my sewing machine comes out these days. However it was unearthed over the weekend for the shortening of some trousers and I went and dug out the fabric I bought, erm, back in January, to make a bag with.



As you can see the pattern cutting was a highly technical process, lacking a table big enough for my cutting board I took over the kitchen floor !!



but all the pieces eventually got cut out, with a few little adjustments of my own to the design and sewing could begin. As you can see below I work in a very tidy and organised manner *ahem*



However it did eventually get done with only one slight oops that was quickly remedied and here it is, my variation on Amy Butlers "Birdie Sling" pattern -



So now while the sewing machine is out, I guess I have no excuse not to make the tool bag for my blowing tools that I have been meaning to make for ooo, erm, well about three years !!! I'll let you know how I get on !!

I also want to say a BIG thank you everyone who has commented on the blogiversary post, keep them coming dont forget you have until Saturday evening to enter :o)

1 comment:

K S Jewellery Designs said...

Wow - fab bag! You must feel very proud.
Kristin :)