Tuesday 22 September 2009

GBUK Confectionary Competition

I thought I would share with you what I made for the GBUK (Glass Beadmakers UK) competition that was held at the GBUK Bead Fair last Sunday. The theme was confections and so this is my cake stand and cakes bead -



The cup cakes were made off mandrel - for the non Lampworkers that means they are soild glass made on the end of a glass rod rather than wound onto a mandrel as a bead - and then the bottom layer of the cake stand was made, the cupcakes were then attached to the stand before the top layer of the stand went on and the last little cake was added.

The beads were all put into a display case anonymously so that people could vote for the one they like best and I got 2nd place :))) it was great fun and I got a prize too :))

5 comments:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

omg it's awesome!!!! umm.. I don't suppose you wanna make me one?!? I NEEEEEEEEEED one!! congratulations, love, you deserve it :) xox

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

wow thats fab I love it

Jo said...

oh thats so sweet well done on coming second

Bumpy Beads said...

Wow Becky, that's awesome! Congrats on coming 2nd!