Friday 21 January 2011

They're done.. drum roll ..

Yep, its time, I promised I would show you and I think Im ready ...

Im pleased to share with you my new framed dragonfly pieces.


These particular ones are no longer "work in progress", although as a concept the range is still in the early days and very much at the new and experimental stage. These particular lovelies are done and I am quite pleased with how they have come out. I have been wanting for a while to make sculptural pieces but the pieces I love making have a tendency to be very delicate and therefore not very practical to transport about. Then I thought about framed work. So these are my first tentative steps in that direction. I would love to know what you think ?

I dont know about you but I do find with new work I like to live with it for a while, so frequently I have a piece in the studio for a couple of weeks or so while I decide what I like, what I dont, what needs to be improved. These are a change to that as they ended up being rather last minute so I have kept one of the initial 4 (two of which are above) to sit in the studio and do just that. Im very excited about where this journey is going. So much so I have bought a mahoosive frame for a really, really big piece ... watch this space....

15 comments:

Noemi said...

Wow. That is a really beautiful piece of art. Love it, love it and love it.
I have always loves dragonflies, so this specialy appeals to me.
Will you be selling them?

Becky said...

Thanks so much Noemi, Im thrilled you like them so much. I have some for sale at London Glassblowing's Gallery for their Valentines exhibition and I hope to have some on my website soon too.

Ele said...

They are so beautiful. You're so talented. Always exciting to find new crafty things to add to your repertoire!

Niky Sayers said...

Stunning! Love the patern on the wings and the inspirations message oh and the colours behind in fact love every thing!

ChatElaine said...

Wow Becky they are absolutely stunning! They are beautifully delicate and what a very lovely way to show your beautiful glass art.

Becky said...

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment, I really really appreciate it :o)

Unknown said...

They are beautiful Becky, i'd really like one of these for my bedroom wall

lynsey said...

oh they are just beautiful, cant wait to see what you do next

Shai Williams said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous!

Birgit said...

Your dragonflies are amazing -- magical! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are gorgeous! They must be a challenge to make...but oh, they are amazing! ♥

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Just amazing. You´re soo talented. I´m impressed!!!

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Wow, your dragonfly arrangements are awesome pieces of art! BEAUTIFUL!!

Dagmar from Germany

Minxy said...

Oh wow this is absolutely stunning

hello gorgeous said...

Have you got any listed yet....they would sell lke hot cakes sweetie! I LOVE THEM!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx