Thursday 24 February 2011

Spring is in the air

Its creeping in slowly but surely, sometimes in a one-step-forwards, two-steps-back kind of way. but you can feel it in the air. The sun is shining, the bulbs in my garden are starting to poke their shoots through the ground, even the kitties are starting to go outside more frequently to play, Spring is on its way.

Spring, like Autumn is one of the seasons that I find has a tangible effect on my work, its not a deliberate "oh, I must make spring like things" but a hankering to use brighter colours, designs that remind me of warmer days, things blooming and a general feeling of freshness.

I have been thinking about this for a few days as I have been working on a new framed piece, so far im really pleased with how it is coming together, and to me it feels very much like spring. Want to see a sneak-peek teaser ? Just a little detail ? Ok, here goes - 



Do you find the seasons have a direct influence on what you make ? I would love to hear if it affects you, how it affects your work ? Do you find you  use different colours ? Or even a different technique or media ?

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

I absolutely adore the simplicity of these pieces. I would wear them everyday, with everything. Well done!