Monday 14 February 2011

Lonely Hearts

I hope that you are having a  lovely day and the sun is shining where you are as it is here, after the grotty overcast and rainy day we had yesterday its so lovely to have bright sunshine today. I decided that it would be fun to do something for valentines and this appealed so I hope you will go and take a look at the Chameleon Designs Lonely Hearts Page and say hello to Lola, Betty, Ginny and company and help to make them feel loved.

Its over a year now since I went on the class with Claudia Trimbur Pagel and I had lots of ideas following the class for beads that  I wanted to make, amongst which was a manga style girl and, well, as you can see its take a year to get there but then last week I finally got round to attempting it and I was quite pleased with the results of my first goes, despite there being some obvious room for improvement !!

Beads in order that they were made - top first

While I was making them something clicked in my brain, a switch somewhere flipped or something and I remembered a souvenir my mum bought me back from a holiday in Greece, a plaster ladies head, very pretty, in a 1920's style, all black and white, and we called her Tallulah after one of the characters in Bugsy Mallone.  So I decided to make some 1920's (ish) ladies, bobbed hair, big flowers in their hair or hair bands, and "all that jazz". Meet "Lola" - 


You can see the other ladies on their page on my website or on my flickr.

8 comments:

skinner studio said...

These are great! So cute!

CeeGee Jewellery Design said...

These are amazing, I've never seen beads like this before!

Pretty Things said...

Their eyes are beautifully executed! WOW~

Gold Charm Bracelet said...

Experimenting gets the best of the innovative mind.Love the look of the girl...so very sweet and adorable.

Becky said...

Thanks everyone :))

Minxy said...

just adorable

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Oh those are so sweet!

Karen Williams said...

Wow! You hit the meme dead on. Especially with that middle bead with her big, soulful blue eyes.