Sunday 8 August 2010

Experimentaballs

I love round beads, there is something so gorgeous about the shape and it is so tactile so I decided it was about time i made some more as it has been rather a while. Then I decided to continue with some experiments I started a-g-e-s ago with dichro and these were some of the results.

Now Im not a huge fan of lots of dichro but I do love it etched, it glows almost like there is something moving inside the bead, a little bit of trapped sunshine or beam of light. So with that in mind may I present the Flutterballs -





And following on from another old experiment that needs more work I have another set - Sari, these are gorgeous they have been selectively etched so that there are glimmers of goldstone sparkling in places around which i have hand drawn gold sari patterns. They feel almost soft somehow and Im really pleased with the amount of detail I got into the size - they are only about 15mm. All that and a pink dichro core that is just stunning in sunshine... but you'll have to wait for a photo of that as currently its rather dull outside here.





I have lots of ideas for these little experiments and where I can take them, hopefully I'll have more to show you soon.

10 comments:

Mags said...

These are both so lovely! I'm a great fan of all shades of blue :-D

P.s. I found your shop with 'mossy rocks'. Do you have any left or will you make more of them? (two or three would be my number) Which shop is more up-to-date, etsy or your own?

Ele said...

These are so beautiful! I haven't seen anything like them before. I know that if I ever bought any that I would never be able to let them go! Hee hee.

Crescendo Chocolate said...

They are just out of this world! So beautiful!

Mel P said...

OMG drool, these are stunning!

Becky said...

Thank you ladies !

Mags, My website is my main sales point and where I list all new bead sets and where I try to keep a range of jewellery listed. Etsy I try to keep a range of ready made ear bobs on and occasionally other bits and pieces too but mostly I sell through my website. Hope that makes sense ?!?

Kira said...

What beautiful experiments. It's lovely to see something a bit different done with lampwork beads.

Mel P said...

Becky will you be making them to order at all. I am totally in love with the flutterbys but need to sell some jewellery before I order any more beads :( If not are you likely to make more, they are fabulous!

Jean said...

Beautiful !!

Nelli Rees said...

Gorgeous!

Amber said...

Oh, I sooo need some of those! :)