Tuesday 18 November 2008

Firsts

It has been a few days hasnt it !! I have been busy during that time though and that is one of the things I want to talk about as it has been a time of many firsts which have all been great.

First first, I have opened an etsy shop, and thanks to the lovely Jo of Gem Heaven for my second first as she included me in her Etsy treasury so I have been in my first treasury too !!

My other first is one that i have to confess I got a real warm and fuzzy feeling inside about, it is one of those daft things I guess, I was blowing glass in the hot shop at uni, making experiments for my current work, (and the occasional paperweight too, more about that later) and one of our artists in residence was working in there as well, Shelly is not a glass blower but works with print in glass and she was experimenting with some small forms when she turned and said "you know, you make that look very easy". It is one of those things about glass blowing that I love, I love to watch anyone who is very good at blowing as it is so amazing to watch and when it is someone who can blow well it looks so effortless and so amazingly easy, so I was totally thrilled to think, just for a minute, that someone thought I might make it look easy. Its great to think that my skills are improving !!



Paperweights, I said I would get to them didnt I ? Yes I have been making paperweights, we have to fundraise at uni so that we can go to New Designers in the summer next year so my contribution to our group is to make paperweights, you can find them available online here and I hope to have some more online tomorrow or thursday

1 comment:

Sabine Little said...

Awww, I thought 'following' a blog means I get told when people blog....not so! I'd love to see you blow glass (well, bigger than shards ;o)) - congratulations on your 'firsts' :o)